Updated: Jan 24
The Co-Creation Design Program is open to participants from WF partner universities and international textile and fashion designers — allowing outstanding and creative ideas to be heard, realized and introduced to the fashion market in collaboration with program partners.
Develop and submit your design proposals for a home textile fabric collection and a shirting fabric collection that considers a fashion casual design direction for ladies and men. Consider 2-3 options and make your proposal for a specific target market with a modern and commercial design approach.
The selected designs will be showcased at the textile industry fairs by Flocus company and designers will be eligible for a cash prize after actual sales.
Partner universities will develop their own design for shirting, home textile collections and final garments that will be placed on exhibition at the industry fairs.
Design and Evaluation Process:
1) Kapok yarns can be used with the possibility to make a print on the undyed fabric or dye the yarn
2) Receive a specification for the composition of Kapok yarns via email.
3) Select a colour palette for your design proposal from the list: https://greendyes.eco/
4) Express your creativity by designing authentic patterns for Kapok woven textiles using natural dyes. Natural dyes can be applied on the undyed yarn or undyed fabric.
5) Submit your design proposal via email, email@example.com no later than the 30th of March, 2020.
6) All submissions will be evaluated and viable design proposals for commercialization and presentation will be selected during the fairs by Flocus. Candidates will be notified about the results and future steps by WEARME FASHION.
Design submissions: 1.02.2020 – 30.03.2020
Realization stage: 03-06.2020
Textile and product collection launch: 09.2020
Greendyes has optimized solution for dyeing process with the lowest Environmental Measurement Impact, accounted for 16 in contrast to 60-70 for existing dyeing practices within the industry. Greendyes has created a possibility for manufacturers and designers to scale usability of natural pigments to an industrial level, offering dyeing for fleece, yarn, fabric, garments or printing on ready garments with the use of nontoxic chemicals. https://greendyes.eco/
Kapok is an alternative and unique ingredient in the textile industry that can reduce the usage of fibers with higher environmental impact. Flocus company is a kapok fiber producer managing the entire production journey from seed to yarn. Its tailored blending textile solutions can be used in a wide array of industries and product categories. https://www.flocus.pro/
Universities and Fashion Schools:
Studio of Fashion Design, Textile Department, Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava.
Participants: Mgr. art. Barbora Peuch ArtD. Assistant professor, Dipl.Des. Zuzana Šebeková, ArtD.